Some days, there are no words. Only a need to stop, breathe, and revel in the tastes, sights, sounds and smells of the world around us.
We all talk a lot about being present, about living in the moment. Yet so few of us embrace the here and now.
Let's take a day, an hour, a few moments, to stop talking and start living.
Arugula Almond Pesto & Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- 8-12oz pasta
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (or a scant 1/4 cup whole almonds, plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup oil from jar of sun dried tomatoes (start with 1/8th cup and add more as necessary to reach desired consistency)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice (1/4 of a large lemon will do the trick)
- coarse salt (generous sprinkle)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil, coarsely chopped)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Chop sun dried tomatoes into bite size pieces. Set aside.
3.. In a food processor, process arugula, almonds, oil, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper until smooth. Add more oil as needed to reach desired consistency. I prefer a creamy pesto, so I stick with around 3/4 cups total oil. Adjust seasonings to your taste preferences.
3. Toss pasta with pesto and sun dried tomatoes.
4. Top with slivered almonds. Feast.