Some days call for tacos. And music. So, a playlist for your Wednesday morning and a taco recipe for later.
1. To Be Alone With You || Sufjan Stevens 2. How Can you Swallow So Much Sleep || Bombay Bicycle Club 2. Polaroid || Milo Greene 3. 1957 || Milo Greene 4. Dark Storm || The Jezabels 5. The Reason || Peter and the Wolf 6. Turn It Around || Lucius 7. Shuffle || Bombay Bicycle Club
Curried Chickpea and Mango Tacos
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 Medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (regular mayonnaise or full fat yogurt may be substituted)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar (you may opt to use 1 full tablespoon of either vinegar, just know that ACV is quite strong)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled, removed from core, and diced)
- 1 avocado (peeled, cored, diced)
- cilantro (chopped, to taste)
1) Toss chickpeas, onion, and red pepper together in a large bowl.
2) Whisk together mayonnaise (or yogurt), vinegar, curry, turmeric, garlic, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
3) Add curry sauce to chickpea mixture and mix thoroughly, until chickpeas are evenly coated.
4) Add mango, avocado and parsley, tossing gently.
5) Serve as a side or in corn tortillas.
Take a deep breath and savor the day. You've got this.